Selfmade-Kernel 2.4.5 will not boot on Athlon1333+ASUSA7V133 System

Hi,

my nVidia-Card requires a 2.4 Kernel because of some kernel-module.
The debian-kernel starts fine, but cant mount my root partition,
because its located on a scsi device and the kernel doesnt include SCSI
support.
So I configured and compiled a kernel from sources (make dep, make
bzImage).
I made an entry in lilo-conf to boot my selfmade image (750K), fine.
But the kernel hangs up directly after the "booting kernel.." message.
I guess its because of some kernel-options-misconfiguration, specific to
my cpu/mainboard.
I tried to remove as many options as possible, but it didnt work.
can anybody help me with this or send me some working kernel-config ?

My System is a
Athlon 1333 CPU in an ASUS A7V133 Mainoard with VIA VT8363A(Apollo
KT133A) system controller and VIA VT82C686B PCI Set.
NCR Scsicontroller, nVidia GeForce2 GTS, NE2000 PCI-Network

Thanks,

Christoph Stahl