Re: Windows-like crashes!

hi

maybe it is due to nvidia drivers. they are notoriously buggy. there are
a lot of complains regarding it causing x-lockups, and they never worked
for me. for example, while running X, if i switch to console, and then
back to X, it causes a lockup. you may try switching back to nv driver
(provided by XFree86) instead of nvidia driver, and see if the problem
exists. if problem goes away by switching back to nv, start bugging
NVidia for buggy drivers.