Re: UDMA66 doesn't work

On Sunday 17 June 2001 15:58, Aquila wrote:

> You might want to enable the kernel options
>
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI
> CONFIG_IDEPCI_SHARE_IRQ
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI
> CONFIG_IDEDMA_PCI_AUTO
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA
>
> Then have a look at your motherboard manual to figure out which specific
> IDE controller chipset you have, and enable special support for that.
> There is support for most chipsets, and it usually auto detects UDMA
> support if you have the right chipset support compiled. Make sure you
> are using an 80w IDE cable as well, you need that for UDMA(66).
>
> You might need the append="idebus=66 ide0=ata66" line in you lilo.conf
> (assuming you use lilo and your hdd is on ide0) if it doesn't auto
> detect.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Aq.

I have a via chipset and that is supportet and i have compiled it in... BUT
what exactly is a 80w cable how can i recongnize it? I have a normal IDE
connector cable with 32 pins.... could you give me a hint?

cheers,
Raffaele
--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
For encrypted Mail get my Public Key from "search.keyserver.net"