Re: Debian at Flying J - tv-out

hi ya cameron

> I recently (Three days ago) acquired a job at Tons Services (the

good...

> Everything works great, but right now I'm running this stuff on
> Monitors.  I hooked the video cards up to some TV's, and the display
> looks fine in the console, but X windows doesn't work w/ it.  I was
> wondering if anyone's ever been able to successfully run X on a TV, and
> what they had to do to their XF86Config file.
>
> The Video cards are ATI XPert@Play if that matters (they have S-Video
> and standard TV outputs).

i've not been able to get X11 to display on the tv...

win98 displays fine on the (real) tv.... but not x11... no driver for svga
to nstsc or equivalent...
	- tried matrox G2xx/G4xx , netstream2000, ati rage/wonder..

some motherboards comes with ntsc/svideo/tv-out signals but we never
tested those motherboards...

good luck to ya
alvin
http://www.Linux-Video.net