Masq Question

I just installed Debian for a server which provides interent access to
several machines via a dial up account.  Running 2.2r3.  I am using the
same rules i used running RH for setting up IP Masqing.  For some reason
certain websites such as LinuxToday will load on the server's browswer,
but not on the desktop machines.  Other services such as automatic
updates to for QuickBooks do not work.  This was not a problem when I
used RH.  Does Debian have some settings in this area that are tighter
and block certain traffic under these conditions?  Not anxious to go
back to RH, but this is a showstopper.  TIA

Ed Lawson