Re: Masq Question

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 02:50:19AM -0400, Ed Lawson wrote:
> I just installed Debian for a server which provides interent access to
> several machines via a dial up account.  Running 2.2r3.  I am using the
> same rules i used running RH for setting up IP Masqing.  For some reason
> certain websites such as LinuxToday will load on the server's browswer,
> but not on the desktop machines.  Other services such as automatic
> updates to for QuickBooks do not work.  This was not a problem when I
> used RH.  Does Debian have some settings in this area that are tighter
> and block certain traffic under these conditions?  Not anxious to go
> back to RH, but this is a showstopper.  TIA

if you're anal (like me) you'll back up a copy of your old
settings before steamrolling it the debian way --

	apt-get install ipmasq

once ifconfig shows proper settings (/etc/network/interfaces)
"ipmasq" is all i've ever needed. paranoids say it's not big on
tight security, but it worked forme right out of the box.

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #16 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: