max-lisp-eval-depth exceeded ?

Hi,
I am in the process of upgrading from stable to unstable. I get many errors like:
install/cxref: Handling install for emacsen flavor emacs19
Lisp nesting exceeds max-lisp-eval-depth
emacs-package-install: /usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/cxref emacs19 emacs19 emacs20 failed at /usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-package-install line 30.
dpkg: error processing cxref (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 29

 Could you please tell me how may I increase max-lisp-eval-depth ?
 This is happening for other packages too .

 sincerely
 b. thomas