Re: Help with glib-config

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 04:49:34PM -0700, Cam Ellison wrote:
> Recently I have tried to install a few applications that are not
> included in debian packages, and which require compiling.  I figured I
> had everything that was necessary, but the ./configure stage always
> fails because I don't have the glib-config script that is supposed to be
> generated by GLIB (the use of uppercase is a direct quote).
>
> I have gcc, bison, etc. installed.  I have libstdc++.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> TIA
>
> Cam

    Hello Cam,

        Personally I am using the 'unstable'(or sid) version of Debian.
So, for me, 'glib-config' is supplied by the 'libglib1.2-dev' package.
Do you have that installed? If not then installing may cure you're
problem. If you already have it installed could you reply with the
error message you're getting?

Cheers, and I hope that helps,

Jimmy Richards