Re: Noting in /var/cache/man/cat? ?

> 	Subject: Noting in /var/cache/man/cat? ?
> 	Date: Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 03:58:51AM +0300

> Quoting shaulka@bezeqint.net(shaulka@bezeqint.net):
> > Doesn't /var/cache/man/cat? suppose to keep formated man pages?
> > On my machine it is empty:
> >
> > [03:56:42 tmp]$ ls /var/cache/man/cat?
> > /var/cache/man/cat1:
> >
> > /var/cache/man/cat2:
> >
> --<snip>--
>
> try this
> man wctype
>
> then
> ls -l /var/cache/man/cat3
>
> Something there now, isn't there.
>
> Look at a bunch of man pages then do your check again.

It is still empty. What version are you using? I am using testing. Can it be
that you have somehow configured your system for that matter?
If I got it correctly the caching thing is problematic since your whole /var
might be filled up with this stuff, and so there is a way to prevent it. Could
it be that the debian man-db doesn't use it by default?