Re: [OT] quick CVS question

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 09:44:23PM -0400, Brenda J. Butler wrote:

> In the CVSROOT/modules file, define your module like so:
>
> myproj        -o "ln -s bar foo" myproj

Yes, I think that is what I was looking for.  Though you're right that
-o needs to be given a single argument.  Accoring to the comments in my
CVSROOT/modules, the syntax is 'key [options] directory' where -o is the
options and the directory is a path relative to CVSROOT.

> Another possibility is to define something in the cvswrappers
> file.

Interesting...  I'll have to read more about that, as it isn't clear to
me at first glance how that could help.

> I'm not all that familiar with using cvs to do these things,
> as in the projects I've worked on we used dependencies in makefiles
> to ensure that links were present.  So that is another possibility
> for you to consider, if you are already using makefiles.

Yes, creating the symlinks in the makefiles is definitely an option.
The only drawback I see there is that the links wouldn't exist until
make is run, which could end up leading to some confusion on the part of
the people hacking the code.  Were it not for that problem I think using
make to handle the symbolic links would be a perfectly acceptable
solution.

Oh well.  Thanks for giving me some leads, anyway.
noah