Re: [OT] quick CVS question

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 10:16:43PM -0400, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
> I thought I found the answer to this question a while back, but I either
> misplaced it or was mistaken.
>
> Basically what I need to do is create symlinks on a source check out.
> The repository contains a file foo, and I need a symlink bar -> foo.  Is
> there any way to ensure that this link is created every time the source
> tree is checked out?
---end quoted text---

In the CVSROOT/modules file, define your module like so:

myproj        -o "ln -s bar foo" myproj

Hmm, it looks like the program named by -o must be
a script (or other program) that takes one argument (the
module name).  It is not clear if the script will be run
before or after the module is checked out...
(see man 5 cvs)

Another possibility is to define something in the cvswrappers
file.

I'm not all that familiar with using cvs to do these things,
as in the projects I've worked on we used dependencies in makefiles
to ensure that links were present.  So that is another possibility
for you to consider, if you are already using makefiles.

--
bjb@achilles.net
Consider registering as a bone marrow donor