Re: program response sluggish compared to Win98

* On 11-06-01 at 14:10 Rob Mahurin (robm@mad.scientist.com) wrote:
+----Here quoted text begins----+

> I have a Pentium 200, with 40 MB RAM.  StarOffice is too slow to be

[...]
> It's possible that you might have a better experience on your faster
> machine, but a friend with dual-processor box installed from my CD and
> called me the next day to ask, "Is it _supposed_ to work this badly?"
>
> Just my experience.  Didn't get to try and Word documents.
>
> Rob
+----and here the quote ends----+
Hmm I run wordperfect/AbiWord combo on my p75 laptop with 24mb of ram.. it
works satisfactory... One can read/write .doc files, for anything else.. plain
text you certainly do not need anything that fancy and plain ol' vi(m) or it's
GtkGUI gvim fits in just nicelly ;)

just my 0.02

B.
--