Re: program response sluggish compared to Win98

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 01:55:21AM -0500, Rob VanFleet wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 01:10:01AM -0500, rich wrote:
> > Howdy all,
> >
> > I've had a problem for a while in which my potato sytem seems to perform
> > relatively sluggishly - most noticably on Wordperfect. Example: While
> > WP8 under W98, I can hold the "page down" key  for 5 seconds, and when I
> > let go, the scroll immediately stops. Doing the same under linux,
> > however, would result in a minute-long scroll through several dozen
> > pages after the key was let go. Is there a keyboard buffer that I can
> > adjust or something, or does the problem lie elsewhere, or is linux WP8
> > just not as well-designed?
>
> AFAIK, (and I could be wrong) WP8 for linux is basically the Windows
> Wordperfect emulated through Wine, so naturally it would run more
> sluggish than a native application on either OS.

You are wrong --- WP8 was natively written for Linux.  It's WP9, aka
WP2000, that's run under wine, and wow is it horrible.

However, because your name has a good ring to it, I forgive you for
being wrong.

Rob

--
I'm going to Boston to see my doctor.  He's a very sick man.
		-- Fred Allen