Re: boot floppy

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 12:22:48AM -0300, xgnu wrote:
:Hi all.

:2: The kernel version is 2.2.17. I want to compile 2.4.5, but
:I have a tar.gz file, not the deb pkg and I had not installed
:development tools. Which packages I need to compile the new
:kernel?

the package "kernel-package" contains the debian tools for building a
kernel, though alot of times I just build by hand, installing this
package should pull in the correct dependencies for the build
environment.

One think I know it usually misses (probably because it's not required
only suggested) is libncurses5-dev which you need for "make
menuconfig", you can still use "make config" or "make xconfig" to
configure the kernel without this though.

-Jon