Abiword and truetype fonts solution.

I posted a question about this earlier and I have a working solution.

How to get truetype fonts working under Abiword?
- Copy the truetype fonts
you want to use to the directory /usr/share/abisuite/fonts
- Make backups
of the files fonts.dir and fonts.scale
- Run ttmkfdir (get a deb for woody
from http://hell.hell.pl/baran/tek/linux/debian/ttmkfdir/ as it is not in
unstable), this will create a new fonts.dir file with the truetype fonts
descriptions
- Open the new fonts.dir file with a text editor and also open
the backup of fonts.dir
- Copy the contents from the backup fonts.dir and
paste it above the entries of the new fonts.dir file
- Both the backup
fonts.dir as well as the new fonts.dir have the number of fonts in them on
the first line. Count them up and put them in the first line of the new
fonts.dir
- Save fonts.dir, fire up Abiword and enjoy truetype fonts.

P.S.
1) I haven't tried printing yet. My concern was mainly the dismal display
fonts.

P.S. 2) Fonts that came with Abiword, like Time, Arial and Courier
are replaced with the truetype font, although the Abiword fonts are still
there.

It works for me, even though there will be certain issues, like duplication
of ttfonts on the system. Comments appreciated, especially if there are
better ways to do it.