debian-user@lists.debian.org

Hi,

I am having a problem with a Primary/DOS partition.
(Debian 2.2r3)
With cfdisk this partition was made. Both cfdisk and MSDOS fdisk report
that this partition is WINDOWS FAT32 and 13.9 Gb large.
However dir c: as well as format only see 5.66 Gb and after formatting the partition is only 5.66 Gb. The partition tables still state it is 13.9 Gb.

How can i get MSDOS to format all the 13.9 Gb?

I hope someone knows how to solve this problem.
I did remove the partition under fdisk (MSDOS) and made a new one. This
did not work (DEbian cfdisk was unable to read the partition table, and
2 Gb still were 'lost')

Regards,
Bernd