Re: Parallel Port hosed-- Please help me

"Shawn P. Garbett" wrote:

> Okay I recompiled the kernel to get my CDBurner to work. Everything is cool
> until I goto print. The printer device is totally hosed. I've tried a wide
> variety of things to get it to work. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I
> compiled parport and parport_pc as modules
>
> /etc/modules has a line:
> "parport_pc"

Do you have the lp module ("Parallel printer support" in your kernel
config)?

It's under "Character devices" in menuconfig, and you don't see it until
you select your two other modules.

In summary, there are *three* options needed:
	"Parallel port support" - parport
	"PC-style hardware" - parport_pc
	"Parallel printer support" - lp

This gets people (like me) all the time.