Re: CUPS question

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 11:15:13AM +1000, Robert Martinovic wrote:
| It is a Lexmark Optra M410, and yes it does have a LCD display. It a
| networked postcript laser.

I'm not familiar with any Lexmark printers except for one particular
model which is really old and has no LCD (no network interface
either).

| When I send a job, it says "Busy" and then the LED stops flashing and
| the display reads "Ready". I have tried pdf, txt and ps files, and all
| the same result

Can you telnet to it?  I've heard that some network devices have a
builtin telnetd so you can enter it and change some settings.  Maybe
it has a builtin httpd?  The Linksys firewall/router at work has one.
Maybe lpd on the printer isn't configured right?  What type of URI are
you using from CUPS?  Does it match what the printer is?  (ie lpd vs.
ipp vs the other proprietary protcols)

-D