Re: Help Please

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 11:20:00PM +0100, R. Jorge wrote:
> I have install debian GNU/Linux.
>
> I type  login - root  then I type the password  and after that the next line comes like that:
>
> debian:~#

cool you made it! welcome.

now comes the hard part -- and the fun part -- having your
debian system do what you want it to do.

here's what you need to do first:

1) passwd
   make sure you set a password for root.

2) decide what you'd like to do with your system.

3) read everything twice, including the stuff at
   newbieDoc.sourceForge.net :) . then read it again.
   take notes.

4) post specific questions here.

--

recommended:

apt-get install task-newbie-help
less /usr/doc/task-newbie-help/README.Debian

apt-get install debian-guide
lynx `dpkg -L debian-guide | grep debian-guide/html/noframes/index.html`

note that "double quotes" and 'single quotes'
and `backticks` are significant, as is UPPERCASE
and lowercase.

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #23 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: