Re: cryptographic file systems for use with 2.4 kernel?

Hi Forrest,

Quoth Forrest English,
> i was looking into TCFS but it looks like it is only supposed to work on a
> 2.2 kernel, and my laptop is using a 2.4 kernel (if it's stolen, i don't
> want some of the data on here being read...)
>
> so basicaly i'm wondering if there are any options out there for a crypto
> file system that is compatible with linux 2.4.5.

CFS works well. I've been using it quite successfully for a few years
now. There is even a debian package for it (and it even works these
days).

It doesn't seem to be under active development, but it does work for me.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller               | Homicide is, no matter what else it might
Department of Criminology  | be, a social relationship.