Re: Is this video card i810 supported?

Steve Kieu wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> Yes, I mean in unstable ; in potato uses 3.3.6 and it
> is not supported AFAIK; I need this information before
> going to install. This is Intel i810, and there is
> driver from intel to work with 3.3.6 but I know for
> XFree 4.0x, it is supported. At least Mandrake 8.0 has
> it ; but I dont like to use mandrake anyway :-);

not supported in stock potato but you can download the
xfree 3.3.6 source and compile the agpgart module from it
(last time i tried the kernel module wasnt compadible with
xfree 3.3.6) and run XF86_SVGA(from potato) as your X server.

i had i810 running under both slink(debian 2.1) and potato(2.2)
about a year ago. since then i haven't touched that chipset.

can't comment on xfree86 4 as i haven't used it much yet ....
i imagine if its listed on xfree86.org it is supported you
probably have to compile the agpgart module for it though

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336