Re: information request

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, ktb wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 01:04:39AM +0200, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:

> than debian and for all practical purposes is debian.  Why no
> recommendation for that distro?  People always assume that a newbie wants
> the easiest route to linux.  I don't know why people assume that.
> kent

Amen.  I thought, "hey, people are saying it is the best, but tough to
install, and I've heard linux on a laptop isn't straight forward, so for
my first jaunt into Linux, I will install it on my laptop" Learn lots
real fast, lots of lookups on www.deja.com for other newbie questions,
but hey, it's done and fun... big learning curves are great...

Jeff

--
Jeff Maxson
jbmaxson@surfglobal.net