Re: CDRW won't work

Shawn P. Garbett wrote:
> I just installed a CDRW HP9500i on my box and I'm using Debian Sid.
>
> I went throught HOWTO, up to the point of writing to the CDRW.
>
> I typed the following command:
> "cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,0,0 -data cd_image"
> and got the following response:
> "Cdrecord 1.10a18 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg Schilling
> TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
> cdrecord: Invalid argument. Cannot get mmap for 4198400 Bytes on /dev/zero."
>
> Any ideas?

What fixed this for me was to do

apt-get -b source cdrecord
dpkg -i <name_of_cdrecord_package_created>

IIRC this is an acknowledged bug in the cdrecord package.  But by simply
recompiling the package on my machine it works like a champ, using gtoaster
as the frontend.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.