Re: (dup) serial port: LSR safety check engaged (fwd)

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, J.A.Serralheiro wrote:
> well, cant tell exactly whats the problem
> if you have a pnp card, then running pnpdump will tell you what
> configurations are supported by that card. Then, all you have to do is run
> isapnp with the particular configuration you want.

I looked at that... pnpdump spits out the same as what I used to config
the card, well over a year ago.

> Be sure of one thing, if your kenel has isapnp built in, then you will
> have many problems.

serial.o is builtin, isa-pnp.o is a module.

> before configure isapnp.conf with the start up
> configuration of you pnp modem (I think) ytou must recompile the kernel
> without isapnp built in ( but with plug and play supports still built in).
> Probably you kernel identifies the board and then isapnp tries to
> reconfigure it. THe thing is that you get
> " LSR blah blah"
> ISAPNP is allways run at start up. usually isapnp.conf is empty so there
> ae no problems. If you put something there you must check what I told you.

I've moved isapnp.conf out of the way and rebooted, it matters not.

But why would it stop working all of a sudden???
It must be something in testing/unstable... everything worked well,
until setserial started playing around with that AUTOSAVE crap.

> I had to do this because of another matter ( similiar). I couldnt
> configure
> my modem with the exact configuration I wanted AND was supported by the
> card.

This is not a new card, kernel, or config setup...

later,

	Bruce