Re: CDRW won't work

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Shawn P. Garbett wrote:

> I just installed a CDRW HP9500i on my box and I'm using Debian Sid.
>
> I went throught HOWTO, up to the point of writing to the CDRW.
>
> I typed the following command:
> "cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,0,0 -data cd_image"
> and got the following response:
> "Cdrecord 1.10a18 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg Schilling
> TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
> cdrecord: Invalid argument. Cannot get mmap for 4198400 Bytes on /dev/zero."
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I'm using a 2.2.18pre21 kernel.

this is the problem - apprantly the unstable version of cdrecord was
compiled with a 2.4 kernel, and something isn't compatible, so you can
either upgrade to a 2.4 kernel, recompile (as someone else suggested) or
downgrade to the potato version of cdrecord

cheers

dc

Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...

			Francis A Schaeffer

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/
dcpurton@chariot.net.au