Re: iptables and 2.4.4 kernel in testing

On Saturday 02 June 2001 09:44 pm, Simon Read wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm trying  to build a firewall  using the 2.4.4  kernel and iptables.
> The kernel seems  to configure and build without  problems, but when I
> try to run iptables to specify a rule I get a message like:
>
> modprobe: Can't locate module ip_tables
> iptables v1.2.2: can't initialize iptables table `nat': iptables who? (do
> you ne ed to insmod?)
> Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

[SNIP]

> Simon

Do you realized that iptables is built to be modular?  So if you want it in
your kernel, you have to compile all of the separate modules in that you
want.  There are separate modules for iptables, ipchains (backwards compat.)
ftp, nat, masq, etc.  All of these that you need would have to be in your
kernel.  Any chance you just selected the main iptables option for the kernel
and forgot about the modules?

HTH

Tim