modem problem: No dial tone

Hi,
I am having with modem not working in my debian box.
When I tested my modem using minicom and type "ATDT"
followed by phone number, it said "No Dial Tone".

BTW, It works fine in Windows but I had to uncheck
"Wait for dial tone before dialing".  So, this
question is how I can set the option in debian.

thanks,
san

=====
ÊҸت¹äÁè¾Ö§ÅÐàÁÔ´ÊÔ·¸ÔºÑµÃáÅзÃѾÂìÊÔ¹·Ò§»Ñ­­Ò µÃÒºà·èÒ·Õè·Øê¹äÁè¼Ù¡¢Ò´
¹Ô¸Ô àÍÕÂÇÈÃÕǧÈì