I need a windows-linux solution

I have a Linux machine on a cable modem.  That server has a lot of files
that I need to get to from a Windows machine in another location that is
on a dsl line.  I have tried samba but it is aparently blocked at the
cable co.  I think NFS is open but there is no nfs client that I have
gotten to work on windows yet I have pcnfs installed on my Debian server
and my local 95 machine does not attach to it.  I have tried ice-nfs and
omni for client software.

Is there a way to do this?  Is there a problem in doing this?  I am at my
wits end.

Please help.

Brian

Brian Schramm