Re: Packet Traffic

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 04:06:55PM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:

:think you'd end up with snmp and/or perf tools
:
:- a nice link i found ... nothing that helps you ??

I liked the link :)

I agree snmp to get the info.  There's plenty of tools command line
and otherwise to view it.

We use snmp with cricket (which takes the snmp data and creates near
real time graphs via a CGI interface) to monitor our network
equipment.  We don't look at the servers directly, just the switch
ports they're on, but you can go host by host and get more detailed
info if you want.

-Jon