unable to connect to the internet for installation

hello everybody,

I am trying to install Debian (Potato), via floppy and
the internet. My problem is that the connection
process normally involves a terminal window popping up
after my ISP has been dialled up. Then I manually type
in the username and then the password... And THEN it
says:

---------------------------------------

Welcome to the Network Platform

menu:

1. PPP
2. SLIP
3. Change Password
4. Exit

Annex>_ (this is where I type in #1 for PPP)

and then thats it...

How do I configure the PPP for this kind of procedure?
This, so far is my only sticking point in this type of
installation method. Please Help!

BXB3