Re: mouseman wheel on X

Lari Kovanen wrote:

> Robert Voigt <f1k@gmx.de> writes:
> > And I'd also like to be able to scroll with the wheel in Emacs. Does anyone
> > know how to do that? This is one of the things that worked out of the box
> > when I had Mandrake, and don't work in Debian :(
>
> Install imwheel on your machine and you'll be able to use the
> scrollwheel.

I prefer to configure the apps individually.  For example, add something
like this to your ~/.emacs

; Allow mouse wheel to scroll
(defun up-slightly () (interactive) (scroll-up 5))
(defun down-slightly () (interactive) (scroll-down 5))
(global-set-key [mouse-4] 'down-slightly)
(global-set-key [mouse-5] 'up-slightly)