Re: Book opinions?

I received in the mail a copy of the "Debian GNU/Linux
Bible" just a few days ago. I haven't had much of a
chance to read it yet but it seems kind of
superficial, despite being nearly 600 pages. I also
have been in the process of installing Debian and
related applications. One thing the version of Potatoe
on the included CD is 2.2r2 where as the latest
version is 2.2r3. Also it comes with just a single CD.
I purchased a set of 2.2r3 CD (three) from Cheapbytes
(www.cheapbytes.com). I don't know what is missing
from the single CD version versus the 3 CD version. I
suspect that many of the free applications are not
included on the single CD version. Hope this helps.