Re: Progeny install problems

on Fri, May 25, 2001 at 04:09:22PM -0600, John Galt (galt@inconnu.isu.edu) wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2001, jennyw wrote:
> <format recovered for the linewrap impaired>
> >I'm trying to reinstall Progeny Debian 1.0 (boxed copy), and I'm getting
> >weird problems.
>
> First of all, this is a Debian list, not a Progeny list.  They are
> related, but Debian has a different installation system (a better one
> IMHO).

I'd argue against making a distinction between Progeny and vanilla
Debian support issues on this list.  Progeny is distinct from Debian in
certain regards, particularly its installation, so users wishing to get
reponses on Progeny issues might look to more specifically targeted
support options as well.

I've seen questions regarding non-Debian distros, and even other 'nix
flavors, answered on this list.  No need for infighting here.

   Disclaimer:          http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/