Re: dselect won't install gnucash

mesplin@mediaone.net wrote:
>	I am using debian potato.  I have been using gnucash (I am not sure
>which version).  After updating my system with dselect, it deleted
>gnucash.  When I try to reinstall gnucash (version 1.3.4-3 is all that
>is listed) with dselect it gives me a dependency problem.  It says I
>need libguile6 and guile1.3.  I have libguile9 and guile1.4 installed.
>I can install libguile6 and guile1.3, but then when I try to select
>gnucash the system automaticly updates to libguile9 and guile1.4 again
>and gnucash won't configure.  Any ideas on how I can get gnucash back?

Sounds like you've upgraded bits of your system to unstable at some
point, since libguile9 and guile1.4 are only in unstable (and so I
imagine that packages in stable won't have depended on them). What does
your /etc/apt/sources.list say? What does dselect complain about if you
try to purge libguile9 and/or guile1.4?