Re: dselect won't install gnucash

> Sounds like you've upgraded bits of your system to unstable at some
> point, since libguile9 and guile1.4 are only in unstable (and so I
> imagine that packages in stable won't have depended on them). What
> does your /etc/apt/sources.list say? What does dselect complain about
> if you try to purge libguile9 and/or guile1.4?

> --
>  Colin Watson                               [cjw44@flatline.org.uk]

	My /etc/apt/sources.list say?

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free
deb http://kde.rap.ucar.edu potato main crypto optional
deb http://red-carpet.ximian.com/debian stable main

	I am sure the reason I am having trouble is because of the kde and the
ximian stuff, but I like to play with the new stuff, and it is supposed
to work with potato.  Dselect didn't complain, it would just keep
reselecting libguile9  and guile 1.4 after I pushed <return> to do the
install.  After trying many different things I finally gave up and
decided to try and get my scanner working.  I used dselect to get xsane
and with it it also downloaded gnucash and everything started working
again.  I guess I must have messed someting up with dselect, and by
downloading another package some how it strightend it out.

                       Thanks for the help.

                                   -Mark