Re: Printer Question

On 05/26/01 08:45:49 +0100, Phillip Deackes wrote:

[my ramblings about my Epson Stylus Color 880 printer snipped...]

> Did you know that Epson have written a Linux driver for this printer? It
> is available from:
>
> http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/pips_e.html

No, I wasn't aware of that. Great!

> The quality is superb and the resultant print quality is easily equal to
> that of the Windows driver. The driver is based on ghostscript so fits in
> with lprng or lpr or whatever and just needs a line in /etc/printcap.

That's excellent. I'm going to visit Epson's site right now.

> I just installed the rpm version onto my Debian box. Caused no problems at
> all.

You did that with alien? I take it there are no deb packages then,
right?

Thanks again for your help. It's my goal to have my printer working
before the day is done. It's drag to have to reboot to print :-(
--
Mark Wagnon <markwagnon@yahoo.com>