Re: Printer Question

On Fri, 25 May 2001 21:51:09 -0700
Mark Wagnon <markwagnon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Trying to get my printer working but having some problems with it. I
> used to have an HP Laserjet 6L which I had working on an earlier
> Debian Potato installation. Now I have a new installation and a new
> printer. My printer is an Epson Stylus Color 880. Still running
> Potato.
>
> Anyway, I have lprng, gs-aladdin, and magicfilter installed as I did
> on my previous installation. The device that the printer is showing up
> as has seemed to have moved on me. It's now on /dev/lp0 (was lp1).
> After configuring my printcap with magicfilgerconfig, I get this when
> I print a file:

Did you know that Epson have written a Linux driver for this printer? It
is available from:

http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/pips_e.html

The quality is superb and the resultant print quality is easily equal to
that of the Windows driver. The driver is based on ghostscript so fits in
with lprng or lpr or whatever and just needs a line in /etc/printcap.

I just installed the rpm version onto my Debian box. Caused no problems at
all.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Progeny Debian Linux