[Kris.VanHeurck@siemens.atea.be: i810 chipset on potato]

Can someone help this guy out, please?

----- Forwarded message from Van Heurck Kris <Kris.VanHeurck@siemens.atea.be> -----

From: Van Heurck Kris <Kris.VanHeurck@siemens.atea.be>
To: "'xserver-svga@packages.debian.org'" <xserver-svga@packages.debian.org>
Subject:  i810 chipset on potato
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 15:00:39 +0200

Dear X Strike Force,

I am currently installing Debian GNU/Linux potato on a machine in our labs.
I found out (by opening the case, since I had no documentation on the
machine) that there is a i810 chipset inside.
I found the debian-page on this matter (XFree86 with i810 chipset) but had
no succes so far on inserting the module which I succesfully compiled from
i810-agpgart-module.tar.gz into my kernel which is kernel-image-2.2.18pre21
(and I also compiled succesfully myself). It reports unresolved symbols.
Should I upgrade my xserver to woody or sid, since you say on your webpage:
[23 Dec 2000] This has been removed since the official Linux kernel and
XFree86 4.x are now in sync with each other.. what does this mean ??
Can you help me out by getting my xserver running ?

thanks,
Kris

Kris Van Heurck
Software Engineer
Network Solutions - Communication Services
Siemens IC D NC C
current project: Mobile applications level 1
tel. +32 (0)14/25 3966
E-mail: kris.vanheurck@siemens.atea.be
Private: kris.vanheurck@advalvas.be
Linux... every EE should consider it

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   You don't just decide to break Kubrick's
Debian GNU/Linux                |   code of silence and then get drawn away