ICMP message type destination unreachable...

Hi all,

I have been receiving the following entries in my syslog:

May 25 22:02:02 j001 ippl: ICMP message type destination unreachable - bad port from 127.0.0.1

They are triggered whenever I fetch my mail from my POP account.  Both
fetchmail and masqmail cause the same thing. This also happens when mail
generated by the machine is delivered, so it likely has nothing to
do with the POP retrieval. (I have masqmail installed to retrieve and send
mail via a service provider)

I have also encountered a similar message with a non-localhost
ip:

ippl: ICMP message type destination unreachable - bad host from 206.x.x.x

The ip address is for a dns server used by the isp I connect to the
internet with. (this is according to "dig -x [ipaddress]"

I've been reading docs all day and would appreciate some help, a bit of
knowledge, (a whack upside my head with a cluestick?) that is offered.

What could my mail system be attempting to do here?

Is there something misconfigured in masqmail?

Other than configuring logcheck to ignore this report, how can I stop this
otherwise harmless message?

Thanks all,

--
Paul T. Wright <paul@cvanet.com>