Re: preferred dialup program

Jeff Maxson wrote:

> is there a "best" dialup program?  I have been using wvdial, and it seems
> to work ok, so I guess "don't fix what ain't broke", but maybe another
> program is somehow better...

  I used xisp, works fairly ok, automatically redials, keeps track of
time (and price, if you pay for time connected), tries different numbers
etc... that was useful when my isp had problems (sometime one number
didn't work but other worked)

  later on I just used pon/poff in combination with gkrellm - just hit
button on gkrellm to connect, it shows when the connection is up and
amount of data transferred (real time, no statistics).

  if there's any problem, tail -f /var/log/syslog (or /var/log/ppp.log)
to see what's going on.

	erik