Re: Disk performance and SWAP file location

* Walter L. Preuninger II (walterp@texramp.net) spake thusly:
> I wouild like to optimize my partitioning scheme
> Which example gives the best performance.

None of the above. Put it on a separate drive. If it's IDE, make that
a master with no slave, too.

> Does 2.2 do elevator seeking

Dunno. Does drive controller queue requests? If so, does it optimize
them? How does that interact with whatever's in the kernel?

> So the root question is, should sawp be between the most active file
> systems, or should swap be in the center of the drive

Nah, just buy more RAM. If swap space is almost never used, it doesn't
matter where it is on the disk.

Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)