Re: Disk performance and SWAP file location

* Walter L. Preuninger II (walterp@texramp.net) spake thusly:
> I wouild like to optimize my partitioning scheme
> Which example gives the best performance.

None of the above. Put it on a separate drive. If it's IDE, make that
a master with no slave, too.
> Does 2.2 do elevator seeking

Dunno. Does drive controller queue requests? If so, does it optimize
them? How does that interact with whatever's in the kernel?

> So the root question is, should sawp be between the most active file
> systems, or should swap be in the center of the drive

Nah, just buy more RAM. If swap space is almost never used, it doesn't
matter where it is on the disk.

E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)
http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/descript/gpgkey.dmaziuk.ascii -- GnuPG 1.0.4 public key
Well, lusers are technically human.                      -- Red Drag Diva in asr