Re: LILO error: "ran out of input data"?

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 11:52:57AM -0500, Brian Dunnette wrote:
> Hey all...
> Just tried installing Debian 2.2 on an old K6 I had lying around... after wading
> through LOTS of stuff (the installer crashes at random points, I get "unable to
> handle null dereference" or kernel paging errors, and I get segfaults when the
> installer tries to unzip the base2_2 and drivers packages...) I thought I'd
> finally gotten everything working -- LILO ran normally, and the installer,
> for once, exited happily.  But then, upon rebooting, I get this:
>
> LILO Loading Linux.
> Uncompressing Linux...
>
> ran out of input data
>
> -- System halted
>
> What, exactly, does this mean?  And how can I get rid of it?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Dunnette
//

i had the same problem after trying to boot a custom kernel on 2
"clone" laptops and 1 dell dimension (xps t600r).  however, my
sony picturebook doesn't crap out.  (so i guess i've got inferior
h/w; i've learned to quit buying clones and stick with brand
names, other than dell.)

sorry i can't help.

bentley taylor.

//