Re: help me, g++ crash.

On Fri, 25 May 2001, Casper Gielen wrote:

>On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 08:09:14PM +0200, Ricardo Santiago Mozos wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I got this message when I try to compile any .cc
>>
>> g++: Internal compiler error: program cc1plus got fatal signal 11
>

>unfortunatly signal 11 usually means some sort of hardware problem.
>See http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11 for execellent information.

SCREAM!!!!  I take it you haven't actually read the sig11 FAQ, for it
pretty much explicitly says that you check hardware only after all
possible software causes have been exhausted.  Ricardo: make sure you have
the latest g++ and all the dependencies, try other possibilities like
throw together a test program in c and see if it compiles or try to
compile down a fortran or lisp program before you get out the
screwdrivers.

--

You have paid nothing for the preceding, therefore it's worth every penny
you've paid for it: if you did pay for it, might I remind you of the