Re: Best sniffer?

I've found best results with iptraf and a Linksys LNE100 (mod 4).  The NIC
has a profound effect on the quality of promiscuous mode and may vary
by individual card.  Ethereal (sp) is good and provides a lot of
information, but I have an aversion to throwing X into the picture when
running a packet sniffer because it's using system resources that could be
processing packets...