Install over another Linux

Hi,

  I`m with a machine to install the Debian Linux on it. I`ve already got the
files to install it, but i`m with a doubt.
  The machine has a Windows 98 and a Conectiva Linux (a brasilian
distribution of Linux) and I`m supposed to install Debian over the Conectiva
instalation. But I was thinking what will happen to the Lilo. The Debian
instalation will handle it right? How can I do this instalation? Do I have
to uninstall Lilo first? If yes, how can I do it?

Thank`s,
  Rafael Sasaki
  sasaki@solar.com.br

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I`m trying to improve it.