Re: Install over another Linux

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 12:19:30PM -0300, Rafael Sasaki wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I`m with a machine to install the Debian Linux on it. I`ve already got the
> files to install it, but i`m with a doubt.
>   The machine has a Windows 98 and a Conectiva Linux (a brasilian
> distribution of Linux) and I`m supposed to install Debian over the Conectiva
> instalation. But I was thinking what will happen to the Lilo. The Debian
> instalation will handle it right? How can I do this instalation? Do I have
> to uninstall Lilo first? If yes, how can I do it?
>
> Thank`s,
>   Rafael Sasaki
>   sasaki@solar.com.br
>
> P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I`m trying to improve it.
>

> --

G'dat Rafael,

You shouldn't have any problems, when the installation process make debian
bootable from the HD, asuming your installing to boot record on the same
partition, it will overwrite any old lilo boot record.

Cheers

Joel

--
No, Gates always knew the Internet was going to be important,
just as Oceania has always been at war with East Asia. ;)