From: Wayne Topa [mailto:wtopa@dmcom.net]
Sent: 24 May 2001 17:06
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: cs89x0_cs precompiled?

	Date: Thu, May 24, 2001 at 09:26:55AM -0400

Quoting Andrew Perrin(andrew_perrin@unc.edu):
> I'm having trouble compiling the cs89x0_cs module for a recycled IBM
> EtherJet PCMCIA card, and wondering if:
>
> 1.) Anybody has one precompiled that I can pinch (kernel is:
> achebe:/src# uname -a
> Linux achebe 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown
>
> stock from potato 2.2r0)
>
> or,
> 2.) Anyone can give me some advice on compilation. I don't have kernel
> sources on the laptop (it's an old machine without enough disk space) so
> I have to do everything via nfs-mounted directories on my other machine.
>
> Thanks for any help.

I picked a couple of those cards from ComputerGeeks.  I had to go to
http://www.pc.ibm.com/qtechinfo/MIGR-4GHMN7.html?lang=en_US&page=brand&brand
=IBM+Options%7CEthernet+
to get the info on them as well as the setup utility pgm.

As the Geeks said they worked with the ne2000 I tried it and it worked
fine.  I did have to run the DOS setup util to switch the IRQ.

I am not running a 2.2.x kernel so can't help there.  I am running
potato 2.2r3 with the 2.4.4 kernel .The  cs89x0_cs is included in it
if you really want to use it.

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)

--
Real Time, adj.:
  Here and now, as opposed to fake time, which only occurs there and then.