Fetchmail/MTA and received date

I just downloaded a bunch of messges using fetchmail and noticed that (of course) the received date on all the messages is the same.  I realize this is probably not just a fetchmail thing but partly an MTA thing, too, but is there a way to get the MTA to set the received date to be the received date on the server that the mail is being fetched from?

I'm currently using sendmail as the MTA but will be switching to postfix.

Thanks!

Jen