Re: Newbie floppy disk access question

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 10:20:42AM -0700, Abner Gershon wrote:
> I am trying to load a tar file driver from floppy
> disk. There is a file "floppy" in my root directory.
> This is empty. How do I find the file on my floppy disk?

You need to mount the floppy, this is easy to do.

1> Make sure you NOT in the /floppy directory
2) Put the disk in the drive.
3) type "mount /floppy"

Your floppy should now be mounted, cd to /floppy and it will now
show the contents of your disk, don't forget to unount the floppy
when your done, this is easy too.

1) Make sure your not in /floppy
2) type "umount /floppy"
          ^
      not a typo there is no only one n

Cheers

Joel

--
No, Gates always knew the Internet was going to be important,
just as Oceania has always been at war with East Asia. ;)