Re: lilo difficulties - ADDENDUM

Hello,

I sent a reply to your message about your LILO problem, but my MTA was
misconfigured at the time (I was playing around with sendmail... lesson
learned) and I'm unsure if it was sent.

So, here I'll sumarize:

The LILO start message "LI" indicates that either the file /boot/boot.b is
missing / relocated (unlikely) or that there is a geometry mismatch with
lilo reading your disk (more likely).  In order to fix the second problem,
add the global option "linear" to your /etc/lilo.conf.  See the lilo.conf
manpage and /usr/share/doc/lilo-docs/user.ps.gz (section 5.2.1) for more
info.

let me know if you got my earlier mail, or if you've solved your problem.

--
Paul T. Wright <paul@cvanet.com>
-currently seeking employment-